Tonight in the evening sky, there was a lovely alignment of Venus, Jupiter and the crescent moon in a "smiley face" formation...
MasyaAllah.
BEAUTIFUL.
I didn't get a clear photo opp as I only had my camera phone, but it WAS BEAUTIFULLY CLEAR TO THE NAKED EYE...you can see all three PERFECTLY. Don't know why the camera couldn't pick up Jupiter as clearly!
I think tomorrow we will get a last chance...SO DON'T MISS IT!
Read more here.
These two pictures below are by Martin Lewicki in Australia of the same posted on his blog here:


16 comments:
Hey I saw it too. SO comel! ;)
We saw it too, in PD! But my camera refused to oblige :(
Pat
Jed, yes it was comel..hahaha.
Pat,
I didn't have mine either, but not that I would have been able to get a good shot.
Isn't there a technique for these astro shots?
Steven? Hotshot photographer? any tips for us?
Btw, Pat, did you take your new blog header shot? That is really nice!
No lah, I have some nice ones, but this one is my favourite because of the colours.
It was taken by my nephew-in-law, Niels, from a corner from the garden in our place in PD. I'll tell him you like it ;)
Pat
It IS lovely, framed by that whatchamacallit plant/tree...yucca tree, is it?
BTW Pat, I have been thinking of 'em scones and tea and jam and all that...lost your number though! I have it in your email, but I'm lazy to look through. My email is so disorganized. Is it supposed to be organized anyway?
Sadly, I had to pull that yucca-ish thingy down. Its roots were strangling the other plants around it :(
But its anak all live nearby :)
Pat
I'll sms you when I find my phone - it's here somewhere, I'm sure ;)
Pat
Tips for sky shots?
1. Get a tripod or place camera on minipod on table.
2. Set camera (not camera phone) to night/star setting. Zoom to frame shot.
3. Depending on how bright the stars are, exposure usually a few seconds so to avoid shake, dont listen to dance music. Set selftimer and trigger shutter.
4. Review photo and pat yourself on the back.
5. Sorted.
Steven,
What's "sorted"?
(I is dense)
Yeah, obviously camera phones don't do a good job as you saw...hahaha. My digital's zoom is unsatisfactory....ughhhh...wanna get one of 'em canggih cameras...(got any you want to pass on before you pass on?)
'sorted' = English slang for 'dah!' in Bahasa.
Got a nice classic digicam you can 'buy' off me. Keeping it safe for now. You want? About 5 years old 4mp vely nice. I'll bring next time. ...its a Leica..
Salam MT,
Aisehman! So you gave the bloggers meet a miss just to watch the moon? Hmm...
wsalam Shah,
I was in Bangi over the weekend la bang...heheh
Sorted..hahaha. Have to go out more lah!
Wow, Leica...how much you disposing it for...heh heh...what can it do, eh? I'm clueless about them cams.
4 mps? I read that up to 5 megapixels is all one needs.
Is that why I have all the "noise" on the cam phones?
Hi, nice pic. I took a video of it too :)
Post a Comment